STAMP ON!!!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

What I have been working on...

So - here are two of Bob's birthday cards...The top card uses a retired set of trucks and a new Background stamp set called SANDED. I CASE'd the layout and color scheme from one of my secret sisters....I just changed it up some for my honey....Next is a card for Bob from Scruffy - a quick made card using the YAPPY DAY set...again I CASE'd - this time from from my Convention secret sister, Suzanne...since I ADORED the set of cards she made me using this set....cute huh? You see - you do not need to be a genius to CASE (copy and share everything!) cards or scrapbook pages...you can rely on other talented people to come up with the idea and then use it...as long as you give those people credit. Many people worry that they cannot make great cards...but you can! And then from CASE-ing, you learn new techniques and start coming up with your own ideas...and it is so rewarding! TRY IT - YOU'LL LIKE IT!




Next - onto scrapbooking projects....Now - Stef is 22 as of 10-25, so as you can see, this first day of kindergarden was a LONGGGG time ago. However, I promised myself I would learn this art and start somewhere...and these were the first pictures I found after we moved last September. I just found the photo boxes and this was on top all separated out - so it was karma or fate that led me to the first day of her schooling. I used the Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' kit called Primary Colors...it included all the paper, both textured color and designer series, as well as stickers. I used stamps and real handwriting - making it real. I also used this layout of the flap that I learned from our INKredible leader Tina Rosenkrans at one of her many classes that I attend...since I am a perpetual student, I always take classes, knowing that I will always learn something new, even in subjects I have already studied. Anyway - enjoy the pages....I sure do!!! I must say - stef was pleased too!

No comments: