STAMP ON!!!

Friday, May 2, 2008

5 petal punch flower directions

I will need to come back and add some pics but wanted to get the directions for this flower up if you have not already figured it out...

In the flower on the right I did the following steps:
  1. Punched out 2 purely pomegranate 5 petal flowers; punched out 1 pumpkin pie 5 petal flower and 1 old olive 5 petal flower.
  2. I took one of the purely pomegranate flowers and put dotto removable sticky on it and attached it to a piece of scrap paper
  3. I took the 5 petal punch and re-punched it again (hold the punch over the actual way you first punched out the flower and rotate it to the left or right - so the punch will cut the petals into 2 petals - hence producing a 10 petal flower layer)
  4. I used direct to paper of the same color on the full purely pomegranate and the pumpkin pie flowers- and I used direct to paper with craft white on the now 10 petal flower.
  5. I used a square punch (one corner of it anyway) to snip out the end V piece of the 2 of the larger flowers. You could also just snip it with your paper snips. I liked the consistency of the punch.
  6. I put the old olive flower through my crimper
  7. I stamped the circle from the flower set in pretty in pink on whisper white paper and punched it out with the small circle punch.
  8. I layered large 5 petal purely pomegranate, then the pumpkin pie, then the small now 10 petal flower, and lastly the small circle flower center done in pretty in pink on white.
  9. I molded the petals on all flower layers up with my hands
  10. I cut the petals apart on the old olive and attached them to the back of the flower randomly as petals.
  11. Add flower to card as embellishment.
  12. DONE!

1 comment:

Debbie Yates said...

Wow - that's alot of work but the results are gorgeous....I love the colors you used on your cards and flowers - just makes them Pop! I can only imagine what you are going through with your Mom and her Alzeheimer's - you know what they say - If He brings you to it - He'll bring you through it - many prayers and blessings headed your way....